Good evening Selby,
Hopefully everyone has had a chance to get back to school, meet their teachers and adjust schedules. This is a week of serious transition going from the summer back to the rigors and schedules of school. As you are filling out the mass paperwork and writing all those checks for school fees, please take a moment to read through this week’s updates.
Band Practice - 7:00pm
Zumba - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Ladies Night - 7:30pm
- Special Meeting of the Community Association - 29 August
There will be a special meeting of the Selby community association on 29 August at 7:30pm at the Selby Community Center. This meeting will to vote on amendments to the bylaws and constitution. We would like to add a position and subtract a position. You must be present to vote and you must be a property holder.
- 2nd Annual Howl-At-The-Moon - 17 September
Our 2nd Annual Howl-At-The-Moon will be on 17 September from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. This is our last hoorah as we say goodbye to summer under the Harvest Moon. The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox. Farmers long ago would use the light of the full moon to harvest the last of the summer crops. Our own Selby band, The Thursdays, will be playing and everyone is welcome to bring down their coolers and corn hole and get ready for the colder days to follow. There is a Sign Up Genius set up, but you may also email SelbyBay@gmail.com with your donation.
- SCA Elections - 18 September
The elections of a new Selby Community Association will be held on 18 September. The meeting will begin at 2:00pm and voting will follow with a light lunch buffet for voters. Keep a look out for the election edition of the Bay Winds.
- Community Yard Sale - 24 September
Selby will be hosting a community yard sale on 24 September. If you would like to participate, then please email your address by 4 September to SelbyBay@gmail.com. Please include a brief item description ~ i.e. kids toys, clothes, furniture, etc. If you have already sent in your address, then please email again with item descriptions. This information may help yard salers. A map will be put together so that folks know where to look. It is strongly encouraged that those having yard sales make a copy of this map to hand out at their yard sales as well. Additionally, if your kids would like to set up stands like lemonade or coffee and donuts, then please let me know and I’ll put that on the map too! This is a great opportunity for them to make a little cash and yard saling is hard work!
- It is the beginning of school. There will be kids standing on the side of our streets without sidewalks and kids crossing the roads. School is exciting and the minute that bus stops, the kids are rushing to it (except for the high schoolers). PLEASE…PLEASE…PLEASE…slow down when driving through community streets. Also, set down that cell phone. A child’s life is not worth that text AND it is illegal and a primary offense! Lastly, it is illegal to pass a school bus. Keep an eye out and when those lights are flashing…you are stopping! Scooting around the back corner of the bus to drive up a street counts too. Stay put and let the kids board the bus safely.
Have an excellent week and a great start to this school year!!